Sunday, May 19, 2013

Struggling?

Do you ever feel out of place...even in church? What about in school? I know the struggle of wanting so badly to fit in. I used to do that all the time and still catch myself in that same cycle of wanting people to accept me. But something that comforted me was to know that I am accepted. God has accepted His children into the beloved. God called Jesus, in Matthew 3:17 (KJV), His beloved son. I looked up the word beloved, the dictionary defines someone who is beloved as someone who is greatly loved; dear to the heart. Jesus is God's only begotten Son, so you would assume that Jesus would be close to the heart of His father God. But what about us? In Ephesians 1:6 (KJV), it says, "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted into the beloved." So God, in His unconditional love, has accepted His children "into the beloved." EACH and EVERY child of God (one that has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord) are loved by God and are dear to His heart. Can you imagine why God would love us so much not only to send His only Son to die for our sins, but that when we asked to become His child, He accepted us into the same "beloved" as His OWN Son? What love! I understand that it is difficult now, but this life will soon be past and only what is done for Christ will last. John 4:14 (KJV) states, "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." I would hate to look back on life one day and regret not living life for my Savior, the person who really matters. It is a daily struggle for every Christian alive, but it will be well worth it in the end. One thing that I remember is that no matter how left out I feel, I am accepted and I am doing the work of my Heavenly Father who loves me and accepts me and holds me dear to His heart. It is the same for every believer! And just know that if the world accepts you and they can't tell a difference, there is something wrong. So lets stay strong together as the body of Christ and press toward our finish line!

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment