Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Birthday Blessing

Well some of you know that today is my birthday. It was kind of difficult because I had to go to school and work. And if you know anything about me at school, you know I don't really fit in and I am basically invisible to most people. So I got left alone at lunch and had a major headache in classes (as usual) and my day was just not so great. It didn't feel like my birthday at all. I wasn't even excited about it. My sister did have my mom bring cupcakes to school. We ate them at lunch break but it was still like oh cupcakes and never really cared about me or my birthday. I didn't really expect them to but for some reason, it was a little bit of a shock! So after school, I went to work (part-time nanny position, house cleaning) and watched the kids for a few hours and that was pretty cool! It was a highlight of my day from that point. So Laura (the lady I work for) said her and her husband wanted to take me to dinner. So I was okay with it. I was like its way better than staying at home doing absolutely nothing.

So my mom called me and asked me if it was something that I really wanted to do. If I wanted to spend my birthday night with them or whatever. I was like yeah..they are sweet and I enjoy their children and everything. So we got the kids ready and went to Mazatlans (a local mexican restaurant). When I walked inside, all my family was there and I was in shock. But I was so disappointed because I was like I am gonna have no birthday celebration this year and stuff and it wasn't gonna work out. But when I saw them and everything, it made my birthday. Being with my family on my birthday was really all that mattered to me. They are the people who truly care about me and will always be there for me. Yes I have great friends and they care about me too and I am grateful. I just wanted to say that sometimes, we don't see what we have until we don't have them. I thought there would be no family for my birthday and honestly, I was bummed out. But I was so happy when my family was there! It was my birthday blessing from God that He knew I needed. Sorry about all that, I just felt the need to share my heart!

8 comments:

  1. happy birthday a day late! :) Hope you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That is wonderful that you had a great birthday in the end!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear that your birthday had a happy ending! God is so amazing to give us exactly what we need when we need it.

    The feelings of loneliness are a need He will surely help you with too. A lot of people are hurting these days. A lot of people don't know God.

    Let me encourage you to endure the days that are difficult. God sees your suffering and He doesn't take your sadness lightly. Keep trusting Him. And maybe He will show you ways that you can reach out to people who are lonely too.

    When I was in high school I never fit in. I felt very much like you. But God had a purpose for it. He turned me into a leader. Even the people that once ignored me or talked bad about me realized that it was wrong and several even apologized later on. And God used me to be a role-model and an encouragement to them.

    If He could do that with someone like me, imagine what He can and is already doing with your life!

    One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11 "' For I know the plans I have for you,' Says the Lord, 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'"

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sincerity! That is very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete