Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Motives for Service

So tonight, we had youth group like we always do on Wednesday night. My youth pastor spoke on grace and how we don't deserve it but yet God gives it to us. We need it in Salvation but we also need it in our every day life. But he also talked about how that we try to merit praise in our service and how their can be no joy if we have the wrong motives in service. If we are looking to be praised by men for the good things we do, we have the wrong motives. I remember having so much joy just serving in Utah on our missions trip. We can so easily compare ourselves to someone else and complain about not being noticed or not being put in the position that that other person has been placed in. We can have so much joy in serving our Savior with the right motives. I just loved his message tonight and thought I would share that with you. So please pray for me as I try to serve in my church and wherever else that I will keep the right motives for service.

P.S. I am going to post a yummy recipe tomorrow that I just made yesterday. :)

"but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." -2 Corinthians 10:12b

No comments:

Post a Comment